Table of Contents
19MM Stainless Steel Metal Mushroom Push Button Switch Product Introduction
1. This model is a 19 and 22 mm hole, small mushroom head emergency stop button.
2. The shell is made of chrome-plated copper, the head is aluminum oxide red, with a “STOP” emergency stop sign, and stainless steel can be customized.
3. Dust/corrosion/temperature resistance; high mechanical life and quality assurance.
4. This switch contact type has 1NO1NC/2NO2NC optional.
5. Opening type description:
All are holding type: the mushroom head button keeps the shortened state after pressing down and releasing the hand, the normally open contact becomes closed (that is, closed to open state), and the normally closed contact becomes open (that is, open to closed state). Rotate 90° and release the button to reset, and the normally open contact and normally closed contact reset respectively
This mushroom push button switch is an emergency stop button switch. The mounting hole of 19 mm means that the threaded part is 19 mm and the thread length is 11 mm, which can meet the needs of end-users in different industries.
What is an emergency stop mushroom push button switch?
Emergency stop mushroom push button switch can also be called “emergency stop mushroom push button switch”, referred to as emergency stop mushroom push button switch in the industry. As the name suggests, the emergency stop button is a protective measure that people can press this button quickly to achieve protection when an emergency occurs.
In various factories, you can see the eye-catching red mushroom push button switch on some large and medium-sized machinery or electrical appliances. The standard one should have a red font with the same meaning as “emergency stop”. This kind of mushroom push button switch can be collectively referred to as an emergency stop button. This button just needs to be pressed down directly. You can quickly stop the whole equipment or release some transmission parts immediately. If you want to start the device again, you must release this button, that is, you only need to rotate it clockwise about 45° and release it, and the pressed part will pop up. That is to “release”.
Industrial safety requires that all machines whose transmission parts directly or indirectly cause harm to the human body under abnormal conditions must be protected. Emergency stop mushroom push button switch is one of them. Therefore, the emergency stop button must be added when designing some machines with transmission parts. And it should be set on the surface of the machine that can be easily pressed by personnel, and there should be no obstructions.
Working principle of emergency stop buttoned
(1) In terms of operating time, the time for normally closed contacts from closing the opening is much shorter than the time for normally open contacts from a natural state to closing. Maybe you want to say, how can there be less? Such a short time does not matter. But I would like to say that this is especially important when an emergency stop is required in the event of danger. At this time, the shortest time, even milliseconds or even microseconds, is very important. You know, the accident happened in a very short time. You can think about it, in such a short period of time, you may not stop the machine or open the switch by using the normally open contact, causing major machine damage or personal injury. However, the use of normally closed contacts may stop the machine or make people get an electric shock for a shorter time, avoiding all this from happening.
(2) From the perspective of the button mechanism, we know that whether the emergency stop mushroom push button switch is a normally closed or normally open contact, it will bounce again if it is not pressed in place (press to the end), thereby making the action invalid. When using a normally open contact, when the emergency stop button is not pressed in place, the emergency stop has no effect (because the normally open contact is not closed); when using a normally closed contact, it is different, regardless of the emergency stop The button is not pressed in place, and only the contact is activated, and the emergency stop is effective.
(3) From the perspective of its control circuit, Needless to say, the most basic function of the emergency stop button is to stop in an emergency, avoiding mechanical accidents or personal accidents. However, due to the long-term operation of the machine, the line, especially the part of the emergency stop line, may cause a fault and open circuit. At this time, if the emergency stop mushroom push button switch uses the normally open contact, the emergency stop part of the line fault will not be found. If the emergency stop mushroom push button switch is used then it will be too late to discover. When using normally closed contacts, when the emergency stop part of the line fails, the machine will stop at most, and the loss will be relatively small. It is based on the above reasons that when designing an electrical control system, it is best to use normally closed contacts for the emergency stop button.
(4) When the emergency stop button of an area is pressed, one pair of contacts cuts off the operation of the power equipment that needs to be stopped in the area, and the other pair of contacts enter the PLC to cut off the starting circuit of the power equipment controlled by the PLC.
Installation and removal method
Insert the operating head into the mounting hole from the front of the panel, screw it into the middle seat behind the panel, and then evenly tighten the set screws at both ends (do not use excessive force, the maximum torque is 25 N-cm), if the panel is plastic and other non-metal, It can be installed after mounting a mounting plate behind the panel. If the diameter of the mounting hole is 19 mm, it can be installed after mounting a φ19 mounting plate behind the panel.
What is the difference between a mushroom push button switch and a normal button?
From a functional point of view, general-purpose button switches are used to control, such as starting or stopping the machine, often spring return; emergency stop mushroom push button switches are used as safety measures to stop harmful loads, and they are all locked buttons, Trigger emergency stop after shooting, and need to reset manually.
In terms of color and appearance, the emergency stop mushroom push button switch must be highly visible and shape, easy to identify, usually in the form of a red mushroom head, and must be easy to operate in an emergency.
In addition, the emergency stop mushroom push button switch has a direct opening action device (forced disconnect device) on the NC contact, but the normal button does not. Because of the contacts are stuck together, the equipment cannot be stopped under hazardous conditions (load). If this happens, the equipment may continue to operate in a harmful state. Therefore, for safety applications, use NC contacts on the emergency stop mushroom push button switch. For the function of NO contact, there is no difference between the normal button and emergency stop mushroom push button switch.
The above is the relevant knowledge about the function of the emergency stop mushroom push button switch. In summary, the function of the emergency stop mushroom push button switch is to go through the emergency stop mushroom push button switch when the machine is in a dangerous state. Cut off the power to prevent danger and protect the safety of people and equipment. At the same time, the emergency stop button is different from the normal button. You must understand how to distinguish
Where can the emergency stop mushroom push button switch be used?
Some industrial equipment, elevators, medical equipment, etc. can be used. As the name suggests, it is used for emergency stop of the machine to prevent some major accidents, so if you need this metal emergency stop mushroom push button switch, please contact us.
If you have any demand for mushroom push button switch h, please email us [email protected]. If you have any questions or ideas about the mushroom push button switch, you can also contact our engineer Louis Lin, whose email is [email protected].